BUSHFIRE WATCH AND ACT MESSAGE
Message ID: 0002878
Time Message Issued: 14:29
Date Message Issued: 16/04/2019
Fire Origin / Fire Name: BLYTH ROAD, BOCONNOC PARK
Issued for Blyth Road and Boconnoc Park Road near Clare, Gillentown, Atherly, Sevenhill, Muanu, Emu Flat, Spring Gully in the Mid North
Take action now as this bushfire may threaten your safety. If you are not prepared, leave now and if the path is clear, go to a safer place. Do not enter this area as conditions are dangerous.
The BLYTH ROAD, BOCONNOC PARK fire is uncontrolled. This stubble fire is burning in a South - South Easterly Direction direction towards Emu Flat. Conditions are continually changing.
Shapes on this map image indicate the Warning Area to which this message applies.
BLUE: Advice Message; YELLOW: Watch and Act Message; RED: Emergency Warning
For updates listen to your local ABC radio station on a battery powered radio, visit the CFS website www.cfs.sa.gov.au or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: 16/04/2019 16:17
Homes that have been built to withstand a bushfire, and are prepared to the highest level, may provide safety.
You may lose power, water, phone and data connections.
Fire crews are responding but you should not expect a firefighter at your door.
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan.
- Protect yourself from the fire's heat – put on protective clothing.
- Tell family and friends of your plans.
IF YOU ARE LEAVING:
- Leave now, don't delay.
- Roads may become blocked or access may change. Smoke will reduce visibility.
- Secure your pets for travel.
- If you become stuck in your car, park away from bushes, cover yourself, get onto the floor as the windows may break from the intense heat.
PREPARE TO DEFEND:
- Identify a spot to shelter in, with more than one exit, keep moving away from the heat of the fire.
- Bring pets inside and restrain them.
- Move flammable materials such as doormats, wheelie bins and outdoor furniture away from your house.
- Close doors and windows to keep smoke out.
- If you have sprinklers, turn them on to wet the areas.
- If your building catches fire go to an area already burnt. Check around you for anything burning.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message
MEDIA PLEASE NOTE:
- Emergency Warning Messages are to be broadcast immediately and then every 15 minutes following.
- Watch and Act Messages are to be broadcast immediately and then every 30 minutes following.
- Bushfire Advice Messages are to be broadcast at the discretion of the broadcaster.